(SPARTA, KY) Brian Yazcik won the Slyce Pizza Bar Bluegrass 200 with a great final restart from 5th place in overtime and pass into the final lap. Yazcik picked up his first victory of the season as fresh tires helped him come through the field on the last few restarts.
It was an incredible final 20 laps with multiple 3 wide racing for the lead. Jason Stewart finished 2nd and Troy Haydt brought home another strong 3rd place finish. Pit strategy played a huge role as drivers were on differing strategies with cautions occurs late into the final long green flag run. Greg Evans started from the pole but was trapped a lap down due to pit strategy. Tyler Saville and Craig Stykes rounded out the top 5 while Jay Crabill brought home a career best 6th place finish in the Hacksaw Premier Cup Series.
A change occurs at the top of the power rankings after 3 poor finishes in a row for Greg Evans. Brian Yazcik has come on of late with 4 top 10’s in his last 5 races. He is the hottest driver in the series right now follow by Tyler Saville.
1) Brian Yazcik- Yaczik has turned it on in the heat of summer as we head for the playoffs. He picked up his first win of the season with an impressive final restart to prove he’s here to contend for a championship.
2) Tyler Saville- Saville has remained consistent in the summer swing finishing in the top 7 in 4 of the last 5 races.
3) John Jenkins- Jenkins struggled with connection issues this week after an unnamed family member disconnected his internet while cleaning. He was victorious at Indianapolis last week and remains atop the point’s standings.
4) Greg Evans- Evans has gone cold of late with 28th place finishes in the last 2 races.
5) Will Warstler- Warstler finished 2nd last week and brought home an 8th place finish this week to round out the top 5 of power rankings.
6) Troy Haydt- Haydt continues to be consistent, finishing 4th at Indy and 3rd this week at Kentucky.
7) Jason Stewart- Stewart had a chance at victory on the final restart thanks to fresh tires and remains in the top 10 of the power rankings.
8) Jimmy Mckee- While finishing 20th at Kentucky, Mckee had 2 top 5 finishes in the races before this.
9) Woody Mahan- Mahan is a newcomer to the Power Rankings replacing teammate Michael Chrobok who has had 4 finishes in a row outside the top 10. Mahan finished 7th this week and 3rd last week at Indianapolis.
10) Michael Chrobok- Chrobok has been fast many times this season but has seen so many great runs go up in smoke late in the going.