(SONOMA, CA) Nick Kerling led 43 of 45 laps in the War Turtle Racing Wine Country Clash at Sonoma to bring home his first career victory in the Hacksaw Premier Cup Series.
Kerling held off a charging Greg Evans who closed the gap to 1.5 seconds in the remaining laps. Kerling pulled off the first win of the year for War Turtle Racing in their namesake sponsorship race. Doug Mullens, Brian Yaczik and newcomer AJ Digby rounded out the top 5.
Power Rankings after Sonoma:
Greg Evans was the only driver who could compete with Kerling at Sonoma and he remains atop the Power Rankings this week after Sonoma. After another missed race Craig Stykes drops out of the Top 10 and is replaced by Doug Mullens who showed up to Sonoma with a strong 3rd place finish.
1) Greg Evans- Greg Evans improved upon a poor performance at Michigan to bring home 2nd place at Sonoma.
2) John Jenkins – Mr. Consistency John Jenkins brought home yet another top 10 on the year.
3) Tyler Saville – Saville was the only other driver to lead laps at Sonoma coming home in 7th position.
4) Will Warstler- Warstler rebounded from a fuel strategy error at Michigan to bring home a top 10 at Sonoma.
5) Mitch Brown- Brown moves back into the top 5 in the power rankings after returning from suspension with a 9th place finish at Sonoma.
6) Brian Yaczik- Yaczik brought home a top 5 finish at Sonoma moving him up a spot in this week’s power rankings.
7) Michael Chrook- Chrobok found him self stuck between a hill and a wall at Sonoma resulting in a tow to the garage and a 22nd finish at Sonoma dropping him 2 spots this week in the power rankings.
8) Troy Haydt- Troy kept his car clean and finished 13th at Sonoma remaining in the top 10 in the point standings on the year.
9) Jimmy Mckee- Mckee had a poor performance at Sonoma with a 32nd place finish, but his consistency on the year keeps him in the top 10.
10) Doug Mullens- Mullens has missed a few races this year but he showed what he can do with a 3rd place finish at Sonoma.
Dropped from rankings- Craig Stykes
The American Sim Racing Series has seen continued growth since its birth in 2002. Now in it’s nineteenth year of racing, ASRS provides side by side racing action that keeps you on the edge of your seat all race long. For more information on the ASRS visit www.americansimracing.com
Written by James Lorello